New LCS Staff: Front Row (L to R): Ashley Villers, Cindy Class, Rachel Horton, Andrea Arney. Back Row (L to R): Mark Patti, Chad Oaks, John Twinem, Jim Adkins and Jordan Viebranz. (HERALD PHOTO)
On August 15th, Louisville City Schools officially welcomed nine new certified staff members to replace the twelve positions vacated at the end of the previous school year by retirements, resignations or promotions. The half-day orientation for new staff began with a welcome from Superintendent Steve Milano and introductions of staff from building principals. Other topics for the orientation included a payroll overview from district Treasurer, James Carman; a brief presentation by Kory Swope, President of the Louisville Education Association; and a technology, curriculum and instruction overview from Sherry Unger, Curriculum Director. The new staff enjoyed a wonderful luncheon sponsored by First Merit Bank and prepared by Mike Milann’s Restaurant.
New Staff members include:
- Jim Adkins – Assistant Principal – Louisville High School;
- Andrea Arney – Grade 1 Teacher – Louisville Elementary;
- Cynthia Class – Assistant Principal – Louisville High School;
- Rachel Horton – Grade 2 Teacher – Louisville Elementary;
- Chad Oaks – Grade 8 Math Teacher – Louisville Middle School;
- Mark Patti – Special Education Tutor – Louisville Middle School;
- John Twinem – Athletic Director – Louisville High School;
- Jordan Viebranz – Sports Medicine (R.G. Drage program housed at Louisville High School);
- Ashley Villers – Art Teacher – Louisville Middle School.